Best Steamed MusselsFrom osufan01 4 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse the mussels under cold running water while scrubbing with a vegetable brush.
- Remove the stringy mussel beards with your thumb and index finger as you wash them, dicard any open or broken shels.
- Heat 1Tbs olive oil and 1 Tbs butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, garlic, and thyme and cook until vegetables cook down, about 5 mins.
- Add the Mussels and give everthing a good toss, add the wine.
- Cover and steam over medium-high heat for 10 mins, stir occasionally untill the musels open and all in contact with the heat.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbs of butter and a drizzle of olive oil to the sauce in the pot, swirl to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, serve immediately.
- Serve with hot crusty bread to dip into the sauce....Yum!
The Cookosufan01 Tulsa, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!