Pork in Tamarind Soup with Taro SInigangFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 1 kilo pork (chopped into cubes) shopping list
- a bunch of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 large eggplant ( sliced about half-inch diagonally ) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 3 pieces finger chili shopping list
- 2 medium sized tomatoes ( quartered ) shopping list
- 1 carrot ( sliced into cubes) shopping list
- 1 Large onion ( quartered ) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 2 liters water shopping list
- 1 pack Tamarind Soup mix with Taro ( good for 2 Liters of water) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion until the layers separate.
- Add chopped pork and cook until slightly browned.
- Add fish sauce and stir until the pork absorbs it .
- Pour 2 Liters of water.Bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for approximately 40 minutes until the pork tenders.
- Add the Tamarind Soup Mix with Taro and finger chillies .Mix well.
- Add the carrots and eggplants.Simmer for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cover for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.