French Onion SoupFrom jade2011 3 years ago
- 3 lbs sweet yellow onions shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 2 sprigs fresh shopping list
- 3/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1/2 c white wine shopping list
- 32 ounce carton of beef broth shopping list
- 4 thick slices of French bread shopping list
- 4 slices of swiss cheese shopping list
- 8 pats butter shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Melt the 2 tbsp butter and the evoo in a soup pot then add the onions and thyme.
- Cover and cook 20 min on med low stirring often.
- Uncover and add the sugar and salt and adjust heat to med, stir often to keep from sticking about 30 min until onions are brown and caramelized.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 more min.
- Add the wine and beef broth and lower heat to low and simmer 30 min, stir occasionally.
- Spread a pat of butter on each side of the bread and place on a baking sheet in a 425 degree oven, turn after about 4 min and continue baking until golden brown aprox 4 more min.
- Put a slice of swiss on each piece of toast and return to oven just a min to melt cheese. Ladel the soup in a bowl and top with a piece of cheese toast and serve.
The Cookjade2011 IncirlikAB, Turkey
- Not added to any groups yet!