Quick & Easy Scalloped PotatoesFrom windy1950 6 years ago
- 4 14-16oz cans sliced white potatoes shopping list
- 1 lg onion, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3 T butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 2 10.5oz cans cream soup (mushroom, celery or chicken) shopping list
- 1/2 soup can of milk shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 small can French’s French Fried Onions® shopping list
How to make it
- Use pan spray or 1 T of butter to grease a 2.5 qt casserole. Set aside.
- Saute onion in the remaining butter until slightly browned.
- Whisk the 1/2 soup can of milk into the two cans of soup.
- Assemble the casserole: Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into the bottom of the casserole. Now make four layers ... a can of potatoes drained, 1/4 of the onions, soup mixture, salt and pepper. Repeat until all ingredients are used, topping it off with soup, and salt and pepper.
- Cover. Place in 350F deg oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover and scatter French Fried Onions over the casserole surface. Return to oven for another 15 minutes, or until onions are lightly toasted.