Nummy EnchiladasFrom windy1950 6 years ago
- 2 lbs ground chuck shopping list
- 2 pkts McCormick’s® taco seasoning shopping list
- 1-2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 (16 oz) cans refried beans shopping list
- 3 or 4 chopped scallions (green onions) shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) jar enchilada sauce shopping list
- 8 (10-inch) tortillas shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Crumble the ground chuck into a large skillet and brown, then drain the fat off. Add the taco seasoning, and cook according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F. With nonstick spray, coat an oblong baking pan or dish (9x13-inch). Spread about a cup of enchilada sauce over the bottom of the dish. Add about 1/4 inch of cooking oil to another skillet and allow to heat.
- Now to assemble the enchiladas...
- 3. One at a time and using a pair of tongs, fry a tortilla on each side in the hot oil for a few seconds ONLY. This softens the tortilla and makes it easier to work with. Any longer than a few seconds, and the tortilla gets too crisp.
- 4. Using a large plate for your work surface, spoon some refried beans and meat in a strip down the center of the tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in the sauce in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Eight will fit in a 9x13-inch pan or baking dish.
- 5. Pour a little bit more sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle shredded cheese, sliced black olives and chopped scallions over all.
- 6. Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Mexican Rice and Avocado Wedges