Roast leg of lamb with Rosemary and GingerFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 6lb/2.7kg leg of lamb shopping list
- 1 in fresh chopped ginger shopping list
- 2 bulbs garlic, chopped shopping list
- Bunch of fresh rosemary shopping list
- Glass of dry white wine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Ingredients for the gravy shopping list
- Teaspoon of butter shopping list
- 1tbs flour shopping list
- 1 cup of lamb or vegetable stock shopping list
- Small glass of ginger wine shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C /350F/Gas 4
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic in a roasting tin.
- Place the lamb joint on top.
- Brush a little oil over the lamb and season with salt and pepper
- Make a few cuts in the skin of the lamb and put the chopped ginger and rosemary inside the cuts.
- Add the wine
- Cover loosely with tin foil
- Cook for around 20 minutes per 1lb plus another 20 minutes.
- Place the cooked lamb on a warm serving dish, cover with foil and allow to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Put your roasting tin on the stove at a low heat.
- Add the butter, and mix in the flour.
- Add the ginger wine, stirring continuously.
- Add stock to get the right consistency.
- Serve with seasonal fresh vegetables.
- *Time is for a 1 lb leg of lamb, plus the time to make the gravy.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!