Sugarfree Oatmeal Bar-cake-cookie - Ceahow-friendlyFrom celiac_ceahow_martine 7 years ago
- 2 t baking powder shopping list
- 2 t baking soda shopping list
- 32 pkts sweetener shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- anywhere from 8 to 24 T of wheat bran (depending on how much of your daily bran, 1-3 T, that you want to put into this recipe) shopping list
- 8 oz raisins shopping list
- 1 t allspice or nutmeg shopping list
- 2 t cinnamon shopping list
- 2 2/3 c "quick" style dry oats (these are more powdery than the old-fashioned type of oats, and thus work better for cookies) shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 2 2/3 T s.f. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x12 baking pan w/cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients EXCEPT the oats.
- Put the oats into a large sieve (not a colander) and rinse. This gives the recipe more moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine the rinsed oats, eggs, & vanilla.
- Pour the mixed dry ingredients into the wet, and stir to combine.
- Pour it all into the baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. You may want to under-bake this a bit if you'd like to toast your serving each morning.
- When cool, cut into 16 equal squares.
- CEAHOW NOTE:
- Each 1/16th serving yields:
- 1 protein
- 1/2 fruit
- 1 grain
- your daily bran serving