Microwave Potato Ham Dinner - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Reduced-fat margarine shopping list
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ cups 1% milk shopping list
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham shopping list
How to make it
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery and water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 ½ minutes, stirring once. Add green pepper and onion; cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once. Pour into a 2-qt. Microwave-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the margarine, covered, on high for 30-40 secounds or until melted. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after each minute. Stir in the cheese until melted. Pour over vegetables. Stir in ham. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
- Nutritional Values: 1 serving is 1 ¼ cups, Calories per serving: 251, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 998mg, Carbohydrate: 25g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 18g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 vegetable, ½ fat.