Chili Rubbed Pork ChopsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 large onions shopping list
- 1/3 c New Mexico chili powder (or regular chili powder) shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,smashed shopping list
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork chops (about 2 lbs),trimmed shopping list
- vegetable oil for brushing shopping list
How to make it
- Roughly chop 1/2 onion and place in blender with chili powder,1-1/2 tsp salt,oregano,cumin,cloves and garlic. Puree,adding about 1/3 c water to make thick paste.
- Slice remaining 1-1.2 onions into thin rings and place in bowl with chili puree and pork;toss to coat.
- Lightly brush a large cast-iron skillet or grill pan with oil and place over high heat until almost smoking. Place 4 pork chops in the skillet and surround with half of the onions. Cook until the pork starts to blacken on the outside and is cooked through,about 4 mins a side. Repeat with remaining pork chops and onions..
- Imade the recipe with bone-in chops