Cheese In A Crock- HomemadeFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pound(s) (6 cups) extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 can (12-ounce) beer shopping list
- 6 tablespoon(s) (3/4 stick) margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, combine cheese and beer.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until cheese softensat room temperature.
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, blend cheese mixture, margarine or butter, and remaining ingredients 3 to 5 minutes until smooth.
- Pack cheese into crocks or decorative airtight containers and store in refrigerator up to 1 month or in freezer up to 3 months.
- To serve, let cheese stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until soft enough to spread.
- **** You can make other flavors by substituting the cheddar for swiss cheese and adding sherry or a good dry red wine.
- I've added fresh chopped parsley, garlic, and other flavored mustards in the past with good results. If you like the mustard flavor, try adding an extra tablespoon of mustard or two to the mix. A bit of horseradish is great, too! You can also add finely chopped vegetables as you would for a cheese ball but remember that they may spoil while in the cheese spread so I suggest that you use up any cheese with an addition such as onions or olives within a week. .. Enjoy!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
- Not added to any groups yet!