Cabbage Rolls Stuffed with Corned BeefFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 1 large head cabbage* shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned-beef hash shopping list
- 1 cup canned spaghetti sauce, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Separate 12 large outer leaves from the cabbage head; set aside the remaining cabbage head. Remove the center vein from each leaf so it becomes more pliable. Soften the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Chop 1 cup of cabbage from the remaining cabbage head. Save any leftover cabbage to use in a salad, soup or stir-fry dish. Cook and stir the chopped cabbage, onion and celery in oil over medium heat in a medium, non-stick skillet until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add corned beef hash, breaking it up with a spoon; mix gently. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and breadcrumbs, mix well. Cool slightly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the corned-beef mixture onto each cabbage leaf. Roll, tucking the ends in. Arrange cabbage rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over cabbage rolls. Bake at 350ºF covered for about 25 minutes, until heated through. To serve, spoon spaghetti sauce over cabbage rolls; sprinkle with parsley.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 210; Total Fat 11g; Saturated fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 560mg; Total carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 3g; Protein 9g; Vitamin A 15%DV**; Vitamin C 50%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 10%DV
- **Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!