Crema Catalana-Creme CatalanFrom 0000000lara 3 years ago
How to make it
- This is the Spanish version of crème brulee. The Spaniards claim that this is the original crème brulee but that’s for them to decide. One thing I can tell you, it is delicious. Furthermore, it is made with whole milk which makes it less fattening than crème brulee and it uses cinnamon instead of vanilla beans.
- Start by heating the milk with the cinnamon, and lemon skin at medium temperature (save some milk to mix it with the corn starch. Dissolve completely the corn starch in the milk. In the mid time, mix the sugar with the eggs until the batterer reaches a very light color. When the milk riches its boiling point remove it immediately from stove. Add a little milk to the egg/sugar mixture and STIR..Don’t do it all at once because you will end up with scramble eggs. Add the rest of the milk and at this point add the cornstarch mixed with the milk. Use a strainer to pour the milk back in the pot where the milk was cooking. Cook and STIR for around ten minutes until creamy.
- At this point, if it is thick enough just pour the mix into the ramekins and put it in the refrigerator.
- If it is not too thick, pour boiling water into a baking dish, place the ramekins, pour the mix and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When the crème is cold, sparkle sugar on top and burn..MMMM! Buen Provecho.!