Chocolate Guinness CupcakesFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 12oz. bottle Guinness stout shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter,melted shopping list
- 1 Tbs vanilla shopping list
- 3 lg. eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa,plus more for garnish shopping list
- 2-1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 c flour 1-1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8 oz. pkg.cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 1 c heavy cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl,combine Guinness,melted butter and vanilla. Beat in eggs,one at a time.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- In another large bowl,whisk together the cocoa,sugar,flourand baking soda. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet Guiness mixture. Butter 24 muffin tins and divide the batter among them.
- Bake 25 mins.until risen and set in middle but still soft and tender. Cool before turning out of tins.
- For the frosting,blend cream cheese and heavy cream and stir in confectioners sugar. ( A little green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day would be a nice addition)