Chicken EnchiladasFrom missjae82 7 years ago
- 8-10 chicken legs and Thighs shopping list
- 4 small or 2 large cans La Victoria Hot red enchilada sauce (or whatever enchilada sauce you prefer) shopping list
- 1lb of cheese (I use the mexican blend pre-shredded from the grocery store) shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced finely shopping list
- Pkg of corn tortillas (36 ct will do) shopping list
- seasoning salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- sour cream, if desired shopping list
- salsa, if desired shopping list
- Diced black olives, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the chicken legs and thighs with seasoning salt and black pepper over medium heat until cooked through.
- Discard water and let chicken cool in a strainer.
- Once chicken is cool, discard the skin and remove chicken from bone. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in microwave between wet paper towels OR fry lightly for about 1-2 min or each side.
- Dip 1 tortilla in enchilada sauce. Lay flat (sauce side down). Add chicken, a little cheese and some onions. Roll and lay seam side down is glass or metal baking dish.
- Repeat process until filling is gone (you may end up using more than one pan)
- Pour half of remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle some cheese (to your liking) over the top and cover with foil. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, add more cheese and black olives and bake for about another 5 minutes or till cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with salsa and sour cream on top, if desired.