Cole Slaw - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 small head cabbage ( 1 pound ) thinly sliced or 1 bag ( 16-oz coleslaw mix ) shopping list
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped pimiento or red bell pepper shopping list
- ½ cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 12 packets Equal or sugar substitute equivalent shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- ½ tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cabbage, green pepper, onion and pimiento in a medium bowl.
- Measure remaining ingredients into a jar; cover with lid and shake to blend well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Nutritional Values: Serving size: ½ cup, Calories per serving: 49, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 52mg, Carbohydrate: 4g, Protein: 1g.
- Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable, ½ fat.
- NOTE: This is Diabetic Friendly and light enough for the dieter.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
thanks Ed can use this delicous recipe soon high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very nice and easy and healthy.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Salads Galore254 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb119 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Diet Recipes12 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Cabbage Patch59 members
Crazy For Salads25 members
Fabulous LoFat Foods77 members