Taipai Meets Tuscaloosa Oyster and Hot Sausage SoupFrom merlin 5 years ago
- 1 22oz jar oysters, drained and gently rinsed shopping list
- 1 t. five spice powder shopping list
- 6 T. cornstarch shopping list
- ½. t. sea salt shopping list
- 6 hot link sausages, cut into ½” slices shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 4. T. peanut oil shopping list
- ¼ c. mirin shopping list
- 1 T. crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 T. crushed ginger shopping list
- 1 t. black pepper shopping list
- 2-3 T. low sodium soy sauce or tempura sauce shopping list
- 2 qt. chicken stock shopping list
- ¾ lbs vermicelli shopping list
- 2 qt. water shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add vermicelli. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cook until soft. Drain and rinse.
- In a large wok with cover, heat oil to medium, stir fry onion and sausage until onions are soft and sausages are browned. Add ginger and garlic and cook another minute. Add stock, mirin, soy sauce, black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Combine 5 spice powder, cornstarch and salt. Dredge oysters in mixture. Add to soup. Add vermicelli. Bring back to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook 10-15 minutes until soup thickens.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!