Stuffed Cheddar Lamb RoastFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly made bread crumb from 3 day old bread shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 3-4 oz medium cheddar, grated shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground tri-color pepper shopping list
- 1 boneless lamb roast 1 -2 lb shopping list
- 1 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- garlic sliced in long pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a skillet, melt butter and soften onion.
- Remove from heat, let cool and add raisins, egg, bread crumbs, parsley and Cheddar.Season generously.
- Cut lamb roast lengthwise, not quite all the way through, so it opens like a book.
- Spread stuffing inside, close, and secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and brush with melted butter.
- With the pont of a knife make slits in lamb and insert garlic slices.
- Add chicken broth and white wine. Roast 50 minutes. Serve sliced with a crisp, green salad.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating2 people
It sounds yummy....hi 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it