Serbian backed beans PrebranacFrom makica 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cock beans on slow fire after they are half way cocked throw away water, to make them softer and less heavy you can use in first cocking small spoon of sodium bicarbonate.
- Again return to stow but spiel hot water on it or they will get hard if you start coking in cold water!
- Chop onions to half and slice it all 1kg.Heat oil in big frying pan. Add onions bay leaves, black pepper beans, salt and red paprika sweet to it. Stir till onions look crystal and soft.
- Pre heat oven to 250 C. In backing deep casserole preferable clay one add coked beans to cover bottom of it but only half of it. Next layer is from half frayed onions; again add the rest of beans and end with onions.
- If you like you can add some smoked sausages it adds nice flavor to it or red chilly papers dry or fresh.
- Put in to oven for 45 minutes max one hour till you get nice crust on it and most of water evaporates.
- We ate or hot or cold very next day.
- Enjoy your tasty Prebranac old way
- Bone appetite!!!