simple chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in parma hamFrom jamesj 5 years ago
- uncooked/cut chicken breasts shopping list
- parma ham slices shopping list
- soft cheese - light (healthier), normal, full or even halloumi (cyprus cheese), goats cheese, mozzarella etc. shopping list
- herbs - thyme or oregano shopping list
- pepper and salt if desired shopping list
- little oil 2-3 table spoons full shopping list
- optional - garlic and/or chilli flakes, shopping list
- optional - pesto for the centre with the goats cheese and even add your tomatoes shopping list
- you can it have separately with roasted or cooked tomatoes, roasted parsnips or mash. good in the summer with a great salad. shopping list
How to make it
- place the breast flat on the cutting board and carefully cut it half way down length ways. do not cut all the way through, basically you are butterflying the breast. remove the small fillet attached to the breast beforehand
- place your choice of cheese in the central area and fold over the breast to its original position again. you can mix herbs here together with the cheese if you wish. you can also fill with various tomatoes, pesto etc.
- have two slices on parma ham already sitting flat to the side and place the breast, length ways, at the lower half of them (not at the very bottom).
- fold the ham slices over the chicken and basically roll it so it is completely wrapped like in a cocoon (it may gape at the sides but its grand).
- place on a non stick dish or a foil base dish.
- add a small amount of oil, 2-3 table spoons, dampen. the parma ham should keep it moist enough too.
- cover all over with thyme or herbs of your choice
- add pepper and a sprinkle of salt if you wish also
- place in a pre heated oven 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6 and bake them in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- allow to rest for a couple of mins
- one or two cheeses can end up dry in the centre so see how you go with your choices. i find goats cheese does so i will add something to keep moist and juicy.
- the fillings can be which you choose but keep it nice and flavoursome.
The Cookjamesj Belfast, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!