Chinese Almond Cookies 3From hopscotch 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In mixing bowl, beat the lard with the sugar unitl fluffy.
- Beat in 1 of the eggs. Add the flour and baking soda, stirring just until blended.
- Add the food coloring and extract, stirring until blended.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On work surface, form dough into one 1 or 2 rolls 1 IN. in diameter.
- Slice into 60 1/2-IN. rounds and arrange on baking sheets.
- Slightly beat the remaining egg and brush over the rounds.
- Press 1 almond in the center of each round.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 min. until golden.
- Sweets are not often a part of a Chinese dinner, but Americans like to eat dessert with Chinese food.
- AVERAGE Time: 00:30 Source: LEEANN CHIN
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!