French Style PeasFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 6 Strips bacon cut into 1/4" wide dices shopping list
- 12 small pearl onions peeled shopping list
- 1/2 head boston lettuce cut in coarse julienne strips shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green peas shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan over medium heat fry bacon slowly until half done then add onions and lettuce.
- Stir and let simmer 5 minutes then add peas, salt, sugar, pepper, bouillon and water.
- Continue to cook slowly until peas are heated through and done to desired firmness.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet, make a roux of butter and flour.
- Add roux to peas and bring to a boil then remove from heat and stir once before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve while warm.