Cod Fish With Herbs and TomatoesFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 package instant chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 4 boned and skinned cod steaks shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in half shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers seeded and cut in half shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water, celery, broth mix, lemon, onion flakes, parsley, bay leaf, cloves and thyme.
- Place in large skillet and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add fish and poach 7 minutes.
- Add tomato and green pepper halves then finish cooking until fish flakes easily.
- Remove fish and vegetables and keep warm.
- Cook liquid until reduced by half then remove lemon and bay leaf.
- Place liquid and half of the cooked tomato and peppers in a blender container.
- Puree until smooth then slowly reheat in saucepan.
- Pour over fish and remaining tomato and peppers.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!