Another Sukiyaki RecipeFrom hopscotch 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef * It tastes better if the beef slices are very thin. shopping list
- A handful of shirataki noodles (made from yam cakes) or cellophane noodles shopping list
- 7-8 shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1 block enoki mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium negi shopping list
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage shopping list
- 1 yaki-dofu (grilled tofu) shopping list
- For sukiyaki sauce: shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsps sake (Japanese rice wine) shopping list
- 5 tbsps sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- For dipping: 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- * Cooking time varies, and none was given with the recipe. Though it has taken less than thirty minutes to cook with my previous stove top. This new stove top has gremlins, and you just never know.
- Cut all ingredients into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange all ingredients on a large plate and place the plate at the table.
- Mix soy sauce, sake, sugar, and water to make sukiyaki sauce.
- Set an electric pan or a skillet at the table. *After this point, everything is done at the table as you eat. Heat a little oil in the pan. (I use my stove top)
- Fry some beef slices, then pour sukiyaki sauce in the pan.
- Add other ingredients when the sauce starts to boil.
- Simmer until all ingredients are softened.
- Dip the cooked sukiyaki into the raw, beaten eggs and begin to eat. As the liquid boils away, add more sukiyaki sauce.