Spareribs With Black Bean SauceFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 pounds baby back spareribs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans (also called salted black beans) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed shopping list
- 1 small red chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped * shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar shopping list
- a few drops sesame oil shopping list
- 2 scallions (spring onion, green onion) cut into 3 - 4 pieces shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes can be substituted, you may want to use more if you like more heat. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut apart the spareribs.
- Rinse the fermented black beans thoroughly and then mince. (Not rinsing the beans will make the taste too salty). Mash the beans together with the minced garlic and ginger, and the dark soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the spareribs and stir-fry until browned (4 to 5 minutes). Remove.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, if needed. Add the chopped red chili and the mashed bean mixture. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the spareribs back into the wok and mix with the bean mixture. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the soy sauce and sugar. Turn down the heat and braise, covered, until the ribs are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and stir in a few drops of sesame oil. Serve garnished with the scallion
- url: about.com
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!