Czarnina Polish Duck SoupFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- Ingredients : shopping list
- fowl trimming and blood shopping list
- 1½ lb spare ribs shopping list
- 1 stalk celery shopping list
- 2 bunches parsley (small) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 4 allspice buds shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 whole peppers shopping list
- 10 dried prunes shopping list
- dried apples or pears shopping list
- 15 cherries or raisins shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1 tspn sugar shopping list
- ½ cup vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation and Cooking Instructions :
- Put vinegar into glass or crockery bowl (not metal) and into this catch the blood when killing the duck or goose and stir to avoid coagulation. Fresh pigs blood may also be used.
- Cover the fowl trimmings and spare ribs with water, bring to a boil and skim.
- Put spices, celery, onion and parsley into a sack and add to soup.
- Cook slowly until meat is almost done, about 2 hours.
- Remove spice sack, add fruit and cook for ½ hour more.
- Blend flour with ½ cup of the blood mixture, add 3 tbsp soup stock, and pour into soup, stirring constantly. Add sugar and cream and bring to a boil.
- Serve with egg noodles or potato dumplings.
- url: http://freerecipes.8m.com/Recipes/Czarnina%20~%20Polish%20duck%20soup.html
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!