Sweet and Sour Spinach Rhubarb SaladFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
- 4 stalks rhubarb cut diagonally into thin slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 20 spinach leaves shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place rhubarb in a wide saucepan.
- Sprinkle on sugar and add enough water to cover by 1”.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil then cook uncovered 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a large sieve into a bowl.
- Return liquid to the pan then stir in vinegar, salt and pepper and place over high heat.
- Cook uncovered until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Meanwhile divide spinach among 4 salad plates and arrange rhubarb over the spinach.
- When liquid is reduced remove pan from heat and whisk in the oil.
- Pour over the salads and serve at once.