Uncle Wilsons Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 6 lg. red or green bell peppers shopping list
- 2-1/2 c long grain white rice shopping list
- 2 lbs. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 med. size sweet onions,diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,finely choped shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with their juices shopping list
- 1 10 oz can rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies shopping list
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese,grated shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the bell peppers in half,top to bottom. Remove the seeds and the ribs. Set aside.
- In med. saucepan,cook the rice according to pkg. directions. In med. skillet,brown the ground beef,onion and garlic. Drain the meat. In med. saucepan bring tomatoes to a boil,then reduce the heat and simmer 5 mins. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl,combine ground beef,rice,tomatoes,pepper and salt and mix till blended.
- In 9x13" pan,place the bell peppers,skin side down. Evenly divide the beef mixture among the pepper halves. Cover the pan with foil and bake 40 mins. Remove the foil and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return pan to oven,uncovered, for about 5 mins,until cheese melts.
- Note: Before using,wilt pepper halves in boiling water fpr about 5 mins. This will reduce the cooking time from 40 mins to 15 mins.