Easy Colcannon SoupFrom acemom 4 years ago
- 12-16 oz. bacon, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 4 potatoes, diced (or 2 cans) - about 1/2" shopping list
- 4 carrots, sliced (or 1 can) shopping list
- 1/2 C. onion, diced shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 C. chicken broth shopping list
- salt, pepper, seasoned salt, etc. to taste shopping list
- parsley flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven, season and cook bacon pieces through.
- Add cabbage and onion, stir and season and cook through.
- If using fresh potatoes and carrots, boil them separately until just fork-tender (do not overcook or they will turn to mush).
- When cabbage and onion are fully cooked, add potatoes, carrots and broth. Cook over low-medium heat about 10 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Add about 1 T. parsley flakes, and season to taste (I also use a pepper blend seasoning).
- Serve with your favorite bread.