Sauteed Tilapia With String BeansFrom chefmal 4 years ago
- 1 Tilapia filet, defrosted shopping list
- Approx. 1 Cup fresh string beans, trimmed and halved on the diagonal shopping list
- 1/2 onion or 2 shallots, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced shopping list
- 1/3 Cup White cooking wine shopping list
- 2 Tbspns lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbspn of each: oregano, parsley, chili powder or Old Bay Seasoning, cumin or Dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1/2 tspn of cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbspn oil for the pan (Olive or Grapeseed is ideal) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium Saute' pan, heat the oil over high flame. When a drop of water sizzles on contact, add the onions (or shallots) and string beans. Stirring often, cook until edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down a bit. then add garlic and fish, and then the wine over it. Make sure you keep mixing the beans and onions to keep it from burning too much.
- Add the lemon juice and spices to the fish. You can add more to the beans if you'd like.
- Fish becomes rubbery and gross if cooked too long, so for thin filets like Tilapia, 5 minutes on either side should be good.
- Once done, remove from heat and serve immediately over rice or mashed potatoes. Or, have it without starch like I did. Don't worry if the fillet falls apart, it tastes great so who cares what it looks like?
- Unless you're making this for a dinner party... then well, shame on you! lol
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!