Mandarin Orange SaladFrom dogmummy 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup sliced (blanched) almonds shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash of black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- Dash of Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 6-8 cups of romaine lettuce (clean and torn into bite-sized pieces) shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 2 whole green onions, thinly sliced (optional) shopping list
- 11-ounce can of mandarin oranges shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook almonds plus 3 tablespoon of sugar until almonds are coated and the sugar is dissolved. Separate almonds and chill in airtight container.
- For dressing, mix together salt, pepper, oil, parsley, 2 tablespoons of sugar, vinegar and Tabasco sauce and chill.
- Mix together Romaine lettuce and celery (plus optional thinly sliced green onions).
- Just before serving, add almonds & mandarin oranges to the salad greens and mix with the dressing.
The Cookdogmummy Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!