White and Green Bean SoupFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups dried white navy beans shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rosemary crumbled shopping list
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut on the diagonal in 1” pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pick over dried beans then put in large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat then cover and allow to stand 1 hour.
- Return to heat and bring to boil again then reduce heat and simmer partially covered 30 minutes.
- Using a heavy fork mash garlic with salt until no large chunks remain.
- Add to saucepan with beans then add broth, pepper and rosemary.
- Simmer partially covered until beans are tender.
- Cook green beans uncovered in 2 quarts of boiling salted water until tender crisp.
- Drain and add to soup when the white beans are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in butter and lemon then serve at once while green beans are still bright.