How to Cook Lobster TailsFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- lobster tails Preparation shopping list
- lobster tails, at room temperature, 1 per person, remove the shell, keep the tails intact shopping list
- 1 wooden or metal skewer for each one shopping list
- Insert wooden or metal skewers lengthwise into tails to prevent them from curling. This can be done ahead. shopping list
- How much emulsified butter (beurre monte) is needed for poaching? shopping list
- Restaurants keep a large supply on hand at all times, home cooks like me do not. Therefore, I developed this formula for this recipe: shopping list
- Fit lobster tails in a skillet single layer side by side, add just enough water to cover; remove lobster; pour water left in the skillet into a measuring cup; this is the exact amount of unsalted butter needed to poach the number of lobster you are preparing. This can be done ahead. shopping list
How to make it
- How to Cook Lobster Tails?
- Poach them slowly in emulsified butter (beurre monte)
- easy Beurre Monte Recipe
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pre-measured non-salted butter, slightly chilled, cut into little chunks
- In the same skillet water was measured bring 1 tablespoon water to boil, reduce heat to low and slowly add butter whisking to emulsify.
- Insert thermometer keeping temperature between 160° and not over 180° degrees.
- Do not boil or the emulsion will break and separate, (don't worry, it is still useable).
- Add lobster tails to the skillet maintaining a controlled temperature. I have found a temperature of 175° works best to poach for me.
- They will be moist, not dried out that often happens when they are baked or broiled.
- This method infuses them with a delicate flavor, perfectly cooked in 4 to 7 minutes depending on their size.
- Do not overcook or they can become tough and rubbery. Once you have prepared lobster tails this way, I would imagine you will not go back to baking or broiling them; this method is excellent and so easy to do
- Thomas Keller's French Laundry Cookbook
People Who Like This Dish 2
- hopscotch CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!