Pasca Romanian Easter Cheese And Fruit BreadFrom oliviagoddess 6 years ago
- Dough: 1 recipe Romanian cozonac (see my other recipes) shopping list
- cheese Filling: shopping list
- 1 pound farmers cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soft butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks + 1 large egg yolk, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 3 ounces golden raisins soaked overnight in dark rum shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 2-inch deep 10- or 12-inch round pan with cooking spray. Roll out cozonac dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Line the bottom and sides of the prepared pan, reserving a handful of dough.
- With the reserved dough, make 2 long, pencil-thin ropes and twist them together. Place it around the edge of the dough. Cover with cheese cloth or towel and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cheese with a mixer and add all the ingredients except the raisins. Beat until smooth, add raisins and mix again. When dough has risen, pour in the cheese filling, making sure it doesn't go over the edges.
- Baste cheese filling and dough border with remaining beaten egg yolk. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack and then remove from pan.