Young Jackfruit In Coconut MilkFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 1/2 kilo or 2 cans of Young Jackfruit ( I used Aroy-D brand labeled Young Green Jackfruit in can ) shopping list
- 3 pcs Laurel/bay leaves shopping list
- 1 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- a thumbsized ginger (sliced thinly) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Small dried shrimps (the red ones) shopping list
- 2 cups coconut milk or 2 Cans shopping list
- 1 carrot (sliced) shopping list
- a bunch of spinach shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh young jackfruit, boil them first. I always use canned ones for easier cooking. Canned jackfruits are pre-cooked, makes cooking time shorter.
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add Laurel.Bay leaves and small dried shrimps.
- Stir until aromatic.
- Add in the young jackfruit (boiled if fresh) (if using canned, chopped into bite-sized pieces,no need to boil them).
- Pour in the coconut milk.Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Throw in spinach.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve hot with rice.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating2 people
We love Jackfruit! Our friends bring it our way every time they come by. Always have eaten it raw, The thought of using it to cook sounds great. We can hardly wait to give this one a try.
5 Forks! ! ! !
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
So you can cook those suckers. Kids around here eat them raw all the time. Nope, none in cans here but heaps on the trees around. Can I use real Peepee? Thanks. You have a very interesting flavor balance here. I'll have to eat a raw Jackfruit to see ...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!