Chicken and Pineapple Stew Vietnamese StyleFrom mommylotte 3 years ago
- 700 grams chicken (any part you like, chopped into bite-sized pieces) shopping list
- 6-8 tbsp of fish sauce (patis) shopping list
- 1 Big Can of pineapple chunks or Tidbits (discard the juice) shopping list
- 1 large bell pepper (deseeded and chopped) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 Big onion (chopped) shopping list
- a bunch of spinach (chopped) shopping list
- 4 tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth (I used broth cubes) shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 2-3 chili peppers (deseeded and chopped) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken in fish sauce for 1 hour.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in beef broth then set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the marinated chicken and cook until it turns brown.
- Add garlic, chili peppers, onions and bell peppers.Stir.
- Add the oyster sauce, pineapple chunks and sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch and broth mixture.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chopped spinach.
- Season with salt if the taste is a little bland for you.
- Turn off heat and Serve with rice.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating3 people
Okay, if I can bone the chicken, use fresh pineapple and real DIY beef broth I'll make it. I know the bones add flavor but I hat fighting with the suckers to eat. Maybe a spoon or two of DIY chicken stock to make up for the bones. A great post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!