Spanish Pot RoastFrom ronob 4 years ago
- 3 - 4 lb beef chuck roast shopping list
- 2-3 – cloves garlic shopping list
- 1- lg. onion shopping list
- 2 - stalks celery shopping list
- 3 - carrots shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomato shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 1tsp oregano shopping list
- 1tsp basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cooking oil ( I use olive oil) shopping list
- 2 - tbsp flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- In a Dutch oven type pan add some cooking oil and brown meat on all sides
- While meat is browning chop garlic, onion, celery and carrots.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add more oil if necessary
- Add vegetables to pan and cook until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, basil salt and pepper
- Cook for about another 2 min.
- Remove mixture from pan
- Return meat to pan and pour vegetable mixture over the top.
- Cover and place in oven until meat is tender ( about 4 hours)
- Remove meat from pan and set aside to rest.
- Pour contents of pan into a food processor and blend until somewhat smooth. ( I have also used a potato masher and mashed the mixture in the pan)
- Serve over Mashed potatoes.