Cumin-scented Cornish Hens With Jalapeno-rice StuffingFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander shopping list
- 4 Cornish hens, about 1-1/4 lbs each shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tsp EACH of curry powder, ground ginger, cumin, cinnamon and salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Finely grate peel from orange and squeeze out 1/4 cup juice.
- Seed and finely chop jalapeño.
- Stir into rice along with coriander.
- Stuff into body cavity of each bird.
- Blend butter with seasonings and rub about half over skin of birds. Tie legs together and tuck wing tips under body.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, in 400F oven for 30 minutes.
- Baste with pan juices.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture and continue roasting for 15 minutes.
- Baste again with pan juices, increase oven temperature to 500F and roast until skin is crispy, about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.