Chicken Breasts With Pineapple Soy GlazeFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1 can pineapple slices or tidbits shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. wine vinegar or wine ;) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. honey shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic / onion powder or 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts OR if you're not concerned about the skin and bones, that's fine too. I have also used chicken thighs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Blend syrup drained from pineapple with soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ketchup and garlic/onion powder.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain, saving marinade.
- Brown chicken in a heavy skillet using 1 tablespoon butter and oil(your choice of olive or vegetable).
- Blend cornstarch with reserved marinade and remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat to boiling and pour over chicken in the skillet.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until completely cooked and tender.
- During cooking, baste with pan sauce several times to glaze chicken. About 10 minutes before chicken is done, add drained pineapple slices/tidbits to heat.
- Serve with rice or noodles and a tossed salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
nice flavor combo...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it