Vegan Pumpkin Walnut BreadFrom myrna 4 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree, or just under two cups shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a rack in the center of the oven. Grease and flour two loaf pans (mine are 8×4x2) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl, carefully whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to fold all of the ingredients together. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl well, finding any stray flour bits to mix in. Fold in most of the chopped walnuts, reserving some to sprinkle on top of the batter once in the pan.
- Divide the dough between the two greased pans and sprinkle with a few walnut pieces. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Let rest in the pans for 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
- Not added to any groups yet!