Stir-fried Chicken Or Turkey With VegetablesFrom lor 6 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce - I prefer low sodium but I have noticed it doesn't have the flavour of regular soy sauce. shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli, cut up into small florets shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 onion, cut the way you like it shopping list
- 4-5 button mushrooms, sliced or quartered shopping list
- NOTE: I sometimes toss in a handful of snow peas. shopping list
- Hot cooked rice, or thin pasta shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, ginger and soy sauce and mix well.
- Add chicken/turkey and stir to coat.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes at room temperature to marinate.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat.
- Add carrots and broccoli, stirring lightly to coat with oil then add broth.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken/turkey, soy sauce mixture and mushrooms and stir gently over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Stir fry until mixture is hot.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- I like to sprinkle thinly sliced green onions or chow mein noodles over the top.
- Makes 2 servings
- NOTES: You can also throw in a couple of chopped/sliced water chestnuts or cashews. If you don’t have an onion on hand, you can substitute dehydrated onion.
- This recipe will feed 2 hungry people so double up if you want any leftovers.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
cant get much better than this stir frys are good thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it