Crisp Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom cougarwoman 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt shopping list
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 12 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine flour and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk to break up any lumps. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, add the egg, and mix until just incorporated; mix in vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons, about 3 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. (Turn the baking sheets halfway through if the oven does not heat evenly.)
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheets (this will make them easier to remove), about 10 minutes.
The Cookcougarwoman Elyria, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!