Brazilian Vegetable Curry With Spicy Tomato And Coconut SauceFrom chuckieb 6 years ago
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 red peppers, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger shopping list
- 1 med. spanish onion shopping list
- 3 tbsp. garam masala shopping list
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (don't drain) shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 400g. can chickpeas (rinsed and drained) shopping list
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander shopping list
- 3 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Toss the Butternut squash, red onion and red peppers in a baking dish with 2 tbsp. of the olive oil and roast at 375 F. for 1-11/2 hrs. until veggies are fork tender and a teeny bit golden.
- Meanwhile, begin making the sauce. Put the garlic, ginger, Spanish onion, Garam Masala, and chili in a food processor and process to a rough paste.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion paste until the onions have softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the vegetables are ready add the vegetables and the chickpeas to the sauce and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!