Clams Johnson Southeast Asian StyleFrom kampai 5 years ago
- 36 littleneck clams well scrubbed shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 4 tbs (1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 tbs trimmed and chopped lemongrass shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 tbs minced ginger shopping list
- 1 small chili, seeded, minced shopping list
- Dash of crushed red pepper shopping list
- Dash of cayenne pepper shopping list
- Dash of Spanish smoked paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Soak clams in cold water for about an hour or so changing water 2 or three times. Discard clams that do not close when tapped on shell.
- Start grill- core must be hot
- In a pan large enough to hold the clams, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil. Continue to simmer on low heat, covered. Salt and pepper to taste
- Put clams on hottest part of the grill and close cover. The clams start to open after about 3 minutes on the grill.
- When clams start to open, transfer the open clams to sauce pan and cover with sauce. Continue putting the clams into the sauce as they each start to open.
- Spoon the clams onto a large deep serving platter or a large serving bowl. Pour the remaining sauce over the clams and garnish with a squeeze of a lime wedge and cilantro. Arrange lime wedges on platter.
- Serve immediately with a loaf of artisan crusty bread and a good white wine or even beer.
- Credit for this recipe should go to Mark Bittman who adopted it from a Boston area chef, Steve Johnson.
The Cookkampai N Providence, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!