Italian Stuffed PeppersFrom lbrooks26 3 years ago
- 6 peppers: red, green, cubanelles, or a mix of all shopping list
- 1 lb of ground beef shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flavored bread crumbs shopping list
- 6 links of sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (I use Tuttorusso) shopping list
- 3 Tbsps olive oil shopping list
- water as needed shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper - to taste shopping list
- 2 cups frozen green peas or 1 15 oz can shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, dry, and cut peppers in half. Clean out seeds and set aside to stuff.
- For stuffing: mix ground beef, eggs, and bread crumbs until it is blended, adding water if it becomes too dry. Do not overwork or it will become tough. Stuff the peppers with equal portions of filling. If you find that you have too much filling, form meatballs and place them in and around the peppers and the sausage. Yum!
- Put olive oil in bottom of large roasting pan. Place stuffed peppers into the pan.
- Cut the sausage links in half and place them around the peppers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour crushed tomatoes over entire contents of pan.
- Bake for 45 mins. Turn sausages over to brown on the other side. Spoon tomatoe sauce over the peppers and sausage. Add water if necessary and cook an additional 15 mins.
- Add the peas and mushrooms. Bake for an additional 15 mins. and serve.
- Garlic mashed potatoes or rice goes great with this dish. Also crusty bread and a mixed green salad tops it off. Enjoy!
The Cooklbrooks26 Cedar Knolls, US
- Not added to any groups yet!