Black Bean And Lentil SoupFrom thebrays 6 years ago
- 1 lb. black beans (sorted and rinsed) shopping list
- 1 lb. lentils (sorted and rinsed) shopping list
- 2 boxes of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 large diced onion shopping list
- 2 tsp. diced garlic shopping list
- 2-3 TBLS. olive oil shopping list
- 1 16 oz. petite diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 TBLS. ranch dip mix powder (hidden valley type) shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 tbls. of cumin & chili powder shopping list
- 1 - 2 TBLS. Kosher/sea salt (to taste) shopping list
- water, as needed. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot add black beans and 1 carton of chicken stock and water as needed and simmer for one hour.
- In a separate skillet saute onions, garlic and celery till soft in olive oil.
- at the end of one hour, add lentils and rest of the ingredients and simmer for one hour, or until lentils are done.
The Cookthebrays Lafayette, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!