Almond Filled Baked ApplesFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons cream sherry shopping list
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins shopping list
- 2 baking apples shopping list
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar shopping list
- 2 ounce almonds ground shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat together sherry and raisins and set aside to cool.
- Peel apples and rub all over with lemon juice.
- Core apples most of the way through leaving 1/2" from bottom.
- Strain sherry into shallow baking dish then add water and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Combine raisins, almonds, remaining sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.
- Fill apples with almond mixture and arrange in baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes basting occasionally then cover with foil and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Spoon juices over apples and serve at room temperature.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!