FUNNEL CAKEFrom rodeogirl73 8 years ago
How to make it
- Boil water, butter, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan.
- Add flour and work it in until it is all incorporated and dough forms a ball.
- Transfer mixture to the bowl of a standing mixer and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- With mixer lowest speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure the first egg is completely incorporated before continuing.
- Once all eggs have been added and mixture is smooth, put dough in a piping bag fitted with a number 12 tip.
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy pan.
- Pipe dough into oil, making a free-form lattice pattern; cook until browned, flipping once.
- Remove cake from oil, drain on paper towels, and top with powdered sugar.
- Continue until all of the batter is used.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!