WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH FETA OLIVES AND LEMON VINAIGRETTEFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium shallot , minced (about 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 medium clove garlic , minced (about one teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 ounces feta cheese , crumbled (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 6 black olives , sliced thin (about 2 tablespoons) shopping list
How to make it
- Note: We prefer the ease of prewashed baby spinach, sold in 5-ounce packages in most supermarkets. If you choose to use bunched baby spinach instead, make sure to wash and dry the leaves well.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Add oil, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar to small skillet and cook over medium heat until shallot is slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add lemon juice; swirl to incorporate. Pour warm dressing over spinach, add feta and olives, and toss gently to wilt. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!