Chicken Thighs with Governors SauceFrom ttaaccoo 3 years ago
- l pound chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, and butterflied shopping list
- a few shakes of Frontier's Bombay Veggy Blend spices shopping list
- 1/2 head fresh garlic, Most of it chopped finely, Save 1 Tablespoon to add to the Governor's sauce. shopping list
- 2 Thai shallots shopping list
- 4 carrots, sliced in bite sizes shopping list
- 1/2 large bok choy, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cauliflower, cleaned and broken into flowerettes shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced shopping list
- oil spray shopping list
- Governor's Sauce: 3 Tablespoons Govr's sauce combined with 1/3 cup water. shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the Bombay Spices on the chicken an hour or 2 before cooking.
- Preheat oven( very hot )400 * F. Choose a pan to let the butterflied chicken lay in a single layer. Spray pan with Pam. Add the chix, and sprinkle cloves of garlic and a bit of chopped garlic and the chopped shallots on top of the chicken. Bake 15 -20 minutes.
- While chix cooks, prep the veggies, and saute in a large pan at a medium-high heat, adding the onions first, stirring alot. Add the carrots and cauliflower, Mine got a bit smoky, so I added a bit of water and threw in the bok choy, and covered the pan, and turned the heat down to a bare simmer.
- Turn over the chicken, and return to oven. Continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Keeping an eye on the stovetop veggies, decide when they will be cooked just enough to finish in the oven, and at that time stir in the Governor's Sauce thinned with about 1/3 cup water and the Tablespoon of fresh minced garlic.
- Arrange the sauced, sauted veggies all over the tops of the chicken. and cover the baking pan. About 17 minutes later, everything was perfect!
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!