Leek And Potato Soup - Gluten FreeFrom stalwart 5 years ago
- 6 cups water or stock shopping list
- 6 cups diced potatoes (5 medium to large) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced (about 3 large) shopping list
- 1 cup celery, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped or minced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water or stock to a boil in soup pot.
- Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Take off heat and puree 1/2 of the potatoes in a blender or food processor. Pour back into soup pot.
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute ½ leeks, celery, thyme and dill weed until tender.
- Add leek mixture to the potatoes along with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the frying pan and add 1/2 cup heavy cream, gradually add cornstarch mixture. Stir until thicken, do not let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add cream to soup pot, and then add parsley. Simmer 10-15 minutes, uncovered, and serve. If the soup is too thick, think it with milk or water.
The Cookstalwart Tulsa, OK
The Rating3 people
mee too gotta luv them taters high5 thanks for sharingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUMMY!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Great soup. I don't do a lot of soups here cause it's just too blinking hot most of the time. However, a good veggie soup is nice late in the evening. Next time the urge comes along I'll toss a hand full of sliced mushrooms into this lot and salute y...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it